Sunday, February 4, 2007

More Cranes and Junice's hat


Whoopeee!!!!!

Today they found crane #615 alive and hanging out with two Sandhill Cranes. They hadn't found his body at the pen and just thought he was buried in the mud. Then they heard the transmitter he was wearing. How wonderful that somehow he escaped and lived.
I am so glad that he did. I wonder how. I suppose we will never know.
This is a much better night than yesterday.

I read it on their website when we got back from visiting Junice. She seemed good to me but told us she was not good today. But she liked her hat so hopefully that made her day happier. God almighty I hope someone kills me off before I have to live in a home. Although that home is not nearly as depressing as Jim's mom. But of course she was so paralysed that she couldn't even feed herself.

Anyway here is a picture of the hat. Simple round with a K2together decrease to make a spiral on the top. Junice asked what color it was about 8 times.
Love,
Nancy

5 comments:

  1. You are only allowed to ask that question on two conditions.
    1) You are blind.
    2) You are wearing the hat and thus it is out of your field of vision.
    Junice was both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOO I forgot condition number three.
    3) Your short term memory is shot to hell.
    Love,
    N.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it aqua or turqoise? Or ocean or caribbean blue or some color that Land's End is calling stuff now? Usually after a fruit but there are no turqoise fruits. AND the real burning question is...what it the difference between turquoise and aqua anyway? I've always wondered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend Beth Davies and I used to have the aqua turquoise debate alot. To me turquoise is the color of Junices hat and aqua is a little more green and lighter (whiter) Aqua is the color of the caribbean ocean or a glacial lake. Tuquoise is the color of a rock.
    We decided that people must see color differently because we could never agree when we talked about those two colors.
    Thanks for making me remember Beth.
    Love,
    N.

    ReplyDelete