Tuesday, February 20, 2007

And here's Dad

Thanks for the picture of Mom. Har! How did she get her hair like that? So for equal time, here's Dad:

It was the first time he ever left home. Dad told me that the reason he and a friend enlisted was because they were doing poorly in a class, and heard that if they enlisted, they would get incompletes instead of failing grades. Such is the mind of a 19-year-old.

Besides that, I've been messing about with this: Aimee's snowflake hat pattern that I just took a
class in at Knit 'N Needle. It's so beautiful that I've been wearing it inside all evening, except when I took it off to put a tassel on. I've been told it will be even better when I block it, but I might not take it off until spring (real spring, not the March 21st spring.) I love this yarn - Berroco's ultra alpaca. It was very nice to work with - soft, springy, exactly what I like. I wonder what I shall do with what's left...I'm thinking about a Dancing Grannies hat....

And, speaking of patterns and stitches and stitch patterns, I wonder where you found the pattern for the swatch you posted a couple days past. It might have been from one of BW's books. And speaking of Barbara Walker, have you seen this awe-inspiring Walker Treasury blog? You'd best check it out! Signing out with a very warm head (I wonder if I shall wear it to bed?) Love, Mary

P.S. That reminds me, Dr. Seuss' birthday is coming up. md

No comments:

Post a Comment