Monday, June 4, 2007

Quilt in a book



Yes I am so excited. Maxine Rosenthal, the quilter who wrote the popular "One Block Wonder" quilt pattern/book is doing a second one showing variations and she asked me if she could use my black and white crane quilt in it. (This quilt book is a cult classic already, people are traveling across the country to have one block wonder meetings).


I said yes of course.


So I had to send the quilt off to California to the offices of C&T Publishing and they are having the quilt professionally photographed. Then they send it back to me and I donate it to Operation Migration for their raffle quilt. Maxine and her co-author, Joy, also asked me to write a blurb for the back of the book cover. They admitted to using my name. I admitted to using it too so we were all happy.


I suppose the book will be out this fall. If things go well it should be out by the International Quilt Market in November but I don't really know when it will be published. I get a signed copy.

1 comment:

  1. Now that is exciting! I can't wait to see it and show my friend Jillene who works in a quilt store here. Way to go, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete