Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Kitty on lap, prepare to do homework (not)

Hi Nancy! I just decided to browse through recent photos and put up a few and talk about them. Basically, what's been going on in my life, blah blah blah.
This picture is of "Red Square" at the University of Washington. There's a webcam of this square, which I think is called Red Square because of the red brick. It's not square, so, must be the brick, huh? I always think of Red Square as somewhere in the U.S.S.R. Anyway, the really cool building that the webcam points at is the Suzzallo Library (SUH-za-low), which is to my right in this picture.

And here's one of my student friends, Steph:

We're at Pike Place Market in Seattle for this picture, and Steph is making some kind of "Isn't this FABulous?" remark. And it is fabulous, and so is Steph. She's one of those people that you meet and feel like you've known forever right away. I laugh as much with her as I do with my sisters, and that's saying a lot.

Ooooo, look: the Ol' Bear's building a boat. This here is in our basement. You might have to screw your head around to look at it properly.

It will be a Greenland Kayak when it's done, which means it will have a wooden frame, with canvas stretched over it, and I suppose it will be varnished or something to make the canvas watertight. (I'm sure I've been told but I don't remember it as well as I remember, say, a knitting technique.)

And last - here's the book I put on hold. When will it get here? And who will read it? Maybe Fatty Kitty can write a review. He's going to be bored now that Library 2.0 is over.


By the way, tell abbiethekitty that Fatty Kitty says, "Hi." (in a deep, melodious voice, hee hee!)

1 comment:

  1. Abbie the kitty mentions that that is surely her photo someone put on that book. She has proof. We can post a picture of her tummy if need be.
    ATK

    ReplyDelete