Monday, November 3, 2008

Quilting


Hi there Mary,
There have been a couple of quilting milestones lately.

First, my friends and I made a quilt for out favorite waiter and college student Clayton. Clayton is our waiter most Tuesday nights. He is very rude to us when he serves us food and calls us OLD and generally gets in trouble at Paula's Diner every Tuesday night. He will be graduating from Mayville State this coming spring and so we felt it only right that we concoct a quilt for him.

So we interrogated some of his friends and acquaintances and found out alot about him. We then gathered fabric that reflected the stories we had heard and made it all into a quilt. We had money fabric for tips, and coffee fabric for the coffee addict in our group. We had deer fabric and cell phone fabric and baseball fabric for his Dad and food fabric since he is our waiter. We had almost as much fun finding fabric as quilting it. Below Deb is explaining to Clayton why we have deer in the quilt.

We hung it up in the local quilt show a couple weeks ago and someone, it is a small town, told Clayton that we had 'named a quilt after him'. He claims he was in the bar at the time and he told the person 'You are drunk'.

Anyway we made the presentation on Tuesday the 28th of October and he was quite surprised. We all got hugs.

The second quilting related thing is I used my (new to me) Singer Featherweight for the first time at a quilt retreat put on by Faye's Henhouse this last weekend. It was wonderful and I am so proud to have that nice machine for my very own. I will take it to the Park River quilt retreat next weekend too. Hopefully I will finish the black and white quilt top then.

Love,

Nancy

2 comments:

  1. Tell Clayton "congratulations!" from someone who can't wait to graduate.

    So you're making a "black and white" quilt? Pictures, please! I always like pictures of your projects, UFOs or not.

    Btw, studly machine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully I will have a picture of the top of my black and white quilt after this weekend's retreat at Park River. I only have 5 long seams left to sew. I have a name for it already though.
    A North Dakota Quilter Dreams of the Caribbean.
    Love,
    NC

    ReplyDelete