Wednesday, November 5, 2008

OBAMA

Hi Mary,
I got up late this morning after staying up till one a.m. last night watching the t.v. I am enjoying reading the blogs and came across this post by Christy Hardin Smith of Firedoglake.

http://firedoglake.com/2008/11/05/renewing-our-nations-promise-a-change-is-gonna-come/

It is how I feel. Hopeful and Ready to help any way I can to make this nation all it can be.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/04/amazing-voting-images-pho_n_141136.html
This is from the Huffington Post. Photo's of people voting all over the US. And the most touching were the older african/americans who made sure they voted. Getting out of their hospital beds, struggling over dirt in their walkers and making sure they got their vote in.

This is the highest percentage of voters since 1908. One hundred years. Fantastic.

I thought I would feel really excited and happy but instead I feel a little apprehensive. There is such a lot to do and the economy is so bad that you wonder what can possibly help. But if he closes Gitmo like he promised to do as soon as he was in power he will have a wonderful start right there.

I guess all I can do right now is wait and watch.
Love,
Nancy

1 comment:

  1. Something that thrills me is the world-wide excitement that this outcome has had. It seems we now will have a leader who is credible in the eyes of the world. Think how much more we can accomplish with that attitude coming towards us!

    ReplyDelete