Thursday, August 30, 2007

The house on Kalispell Av

Howdy Nancy,
The "clothesline" picture of the swallows in your last post is striking. As I said, I'm really enjoying the birds around our new place. I've posted some photos on webshots, I hope to take more pictures. Friends who come by remark that our little rental has a good feeling to it, and two have said that it seems more "Mary" than our last house. I find this interesting. Am I run down and shabby? Since I really have a good feeling being in this house, I don't mind. It's always amusing though, to ponder the impression others have of you.


I just have to post this picture of the angel leaf begonia blooming. It's remarkable (to me). I have friends with these plants and I've never seen one blooming before. I have no idea what prompted this one to bloom. I also have a Hoya plant start in a milk bottle of water that bloomed as the move commenced. I wunna why?

And now for something completely different: we woke up at 4 a.m. so that ol' bear could catch a flight to Ketchikan, Alaska where he starts a new job for the Alaska Ferry system. We don't know all the details of the job yet, but it's where he wants to work, and it's who he's been aiming to work for, so we're keeping our fingers crossed that it turns out to be what he hopes it to be.

And that's the news from Kalispell Av this morning. I think I'll go take a nap before work....zzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment