Sunday, March 20, 2022

The Lunch Box mayonnaise recipe

The Lunch Box book

Mary makes her own mayonnaise.  She has been coaching me on making it also.  I've made it once.

I wanted to share this recipe I found in a 1946 cookbook.  I think I will try this recipe next time. There isn't a lot of variation in the recipes but I tend to get "creative" and need to dial it back a little. 

This is the cover page of the book.   Maybe I should read more of it.  I just found the mayo recipe when the book opened to that page as I was moving it.

1946.  Only 76 years old.

And here is the recipe.

I'll probably lower the sodium.

I will continue to use Mary's method with an immersion blender and a narrow glass jar.  It was super easy and fast.  Lemon juice is a must.

Hugs,
Nancy



No comments:

Post a Comment