Saturday, January 29, 2022

Too Cold for TOGA

This is the second virtual Too Cold for TOGA that TreadleOn has hosted. It was a two day event with only one class on Friday evening for machine maintenance.  That was taught by our brave leader Mea Clift.  

There were two classes on Saturday January 29. I taught the color class and Helen Howes of Helen Howes Textiles taught an amazing class on quilted postcards.  She taught this class using her darling pattern called Counter-Change Cats.  It is available as an e-pattern from her at helen@helenhowestextiles.co.uk

Here are my cats.  One quilted and one waiting to be quilted. Then I trim them to size, back them and put the postcard info on the back.  I loved the class.  Of course I love cats so it was a given.  

My color class was fun too.  I had the devil of a time deciding how to teach it until Dawn Beckwell herded me into deciding that the best would be actually working through how I choose colors for a quilt. We used a picture of a monarch butterfly on Zinnias that I had taken in my garden as the inspiration. 

I had a huge pile of fabrics that were possibilities and as a group we worked through them and came up with a lovely set of fabric.  I am tempted to actually use the fabrics to make something.  

Don't you think we did a great job?

Hugs,

Nancy

2 comments:

  1. It was a fun TOGA. You give too much credit, though. I think everyone liked all your examples.
    DawnB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cats! I think I could incorporate that cat design onto a bib which I had planned to make for a coworker's baby last weekend. Unfortunately, I had to take out the whole bobbin case when some threads got tangled and I cannot get it back in. It's an old Kenmore and I know I put the manual in a safe place, so I am sure it will turn up - hopefully before the baby turns 1!

    ReplyDelete