Thursday, May 6, 2021

Sewing on the phone!

This is what is up on the design wall right now.  I really like the look of the blue and red 12.5" blocks but I am totally bored with them.  I have to make many more of them.  I was planning to sew some tonight while I was on a messenger video chat with my siblings and I did get four more of the 6.5" blocks made so that is ONE more complete block. 
SIGH...
My design wall.  
In order to try to increase my interest I put up one rainbow block set.  That only lasted until I had chosen all the colors.  Can you tell I don't like to do the same thing over and over again?  I had hoped the fact that I was using many different fabrics would keep me interested but it seems that is not true.

If you notice at the top of the wall is a lone flower block. I saw it on Facebook and thought I could make that little block.   So I did
Isn't it cute?
After I made the 4 red and blue blocks I decided I needed a treat so I made a companion block for the first one.
Ahhh, that's better!
Since I was video chatting with my sisters while I was doing this I showed them the flowers.  Then I was informed I had to make a yellow flower too.  I was concerned because I wanted the flowers to have yellow stamens and I didn't know if that would show up on a yellow flower.  But we found a scrap of orange with yellow dots that will work nicely for the flower center.  I guess I can be flexible occasionally.
Ready to sew the pieces.

So all the parts are cut and laid out. Now all I have to do is sew the petals together and assemble the block.  That will be for tomorrow I guess. It's late tonight.
Hugs,
Nancy

Finished!



2 comments:

  1. I like those red and blue blocks. What if you made several blocks at a time instead of just one at a time (chain stitching them)? Cute flower blocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would still only be red and blue. I thought if they were Scrappy red and Scrappy blue that would keep my interest. Evidently not.

      Delete