Friday, August 30, 2019

Big Bag with Dowel Handles


Here is a picture of the Big Bag with Dowel Handles
This is from the class I taught at the Fergus Falls Quilt Show last May.
The bag is 20 inches deep 24 inches long and 10 inches wide.
I have carried 3 queen size quilts in it at once.

Big Bag class in Fergus Falls MN

Big Bag class at the River Rat TOGA in Lake City MN
Denise's Big Bag from the River Rat TOGA in Lake City MN

Outer fabric from Denise's Big Bag.  I just love her fabric choices.  

5 comments:

  1. Is there a pattern for this bag? I wonder if you could add a shoulder strap? Wish I could be at the RRTOGA for your class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love this pattern. Can you advice me as to where I can purchase the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina, I could not find a pattern. A friend had this bag and I tried to find the pattern on Google and had no luck. So I made one up. A friend who owns a quilt shop told me she had a pattern. Darla Peters of Blueberry Line Quilting at 715 949 0050

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tina, I could not find a pattern. A friend had this bag and I tried to find the pattern on Google and had no luck. So I made one up. A friend who owns a quilt shop told me she had a pattern. Darla Peters of Blueberry Line Quilting

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to get DD to take a photo of my 'Half Size' Version; I have actually finished it; well it sort of fell into THE ABYSS OF UFO's, then I found it, and the dowell, and made it up complete with a zippered pocket on the inside; for keys and such. I'm glad I made it; it is actually quite neat! Oh, yes, I also added a Shoulder Strap from the end panels since I'm a carry over my shoulder type person and at this size it works well.

    ReplyDelete