Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Getting Ready for the Toga block exchange

Hi guys,  
I have been working on some blocks for the TOGA block exchange.  Since it is the 10th Anniversary of the River Rat Toga there are a lot of people coming.  I had to make more than 20 blocks.  I finished 26 and this shows 21 of them.
21 of the 26 leaves I made.
The following are close up photos of leaves made from the fabric I bought at the Linden Tree.
I added orange and a yellow/orange/green batik to this leaf.
I had a lot of fun finding 'fall' fabrics for my leaves.   Batiks seem to be the best although there is one fabric that is plain quilters cotton.  One of the places I found fabric was right around the corner from Mom and Dad's place.  It is called the Linden Tree.   Jeni and I went there first last spring.  E hangs out there whenever she comes over.  It has some really fine batiks.  I love this pinky orange floral.  I bought it and the unbleached muslin I used for the backing there.  Oh and I also bought a few other fabrics.   Heh.   They seem to match my taste in fabric quite well.
I put more of the yellow/green/orange in this leaf.
Oh, and for those of you who have never been to a TOGA, it is a Treadle On Gathering and Academy for those of us who collect, and use, vintage sewing machines.   My latest baby is a #30 Pfaff that I found just a few blocks up from the Linden Tree at an estate sale.   The cutest cabinet and the top is a bookshelf!  Never seen one like that before.   Walnut that needs a little restoration but very nice.   Here is a pic.
My 'new' Pfaff #30 by it's cabinet.  The bottom drawer was being glued
when I took this pic.  The top right is a bookshelf instead of a drawer!
Mostly the pinky orange floral in this one.
So, can you find those three leaves in the top photo?

Love you,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment