Monday, August 23, 2010

Hi Jeni & Nancy:

This is from the 1900 census and is available through Ancestry.com.


  I also found Grandpa's Selective Service registration for WWI, which obviously he didn't have to go to - he was 30 years old and had 2 children.  In the 1920 census, Mom is listed - at 0 years old.  Ancestry.com is a fun resource and I definitely would like our library to get it.

  If you open (click on) the picture and then hold down "Control" while hitting the "+" key, you can make it bigger until you can clearly see the Elliot household is the second one down.  I guess I never realized / understood that Grampa lived with his Dad and Aunts but not his Mom.  Do you know how she died?

Love, Mary

2 comments:

  1. Really cool. I didn't know Granpa Mose had a brother Edmund either. Better ask Mom about her Grandmother.
    Rose's kids stayed and they got everything when Grandpa and the sister's died. I have an oil painting and some glasses that were from the farm that "cousin Rose's" daughter gave me when I visited her in Florida. I can't remember her name right now. Drat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was the name "somebody" Green? June Green?

    ReplyDelete