Monday, December 21, 2009

The Amaryllis Left Behind




Dear Jeni,
I am posting some pictures of the Amaryllis that you had to leave behind.  It started showing color two days ago and now it looks as if it will really open.  I brought down my water mister that I use when I am ironing quilt blocks in case it needed a little help in opening up.  I misted it yesterday and today and it is opening up nicely although I don't know if the water had anything to do with it.
Here is a closeup of the one that is opening.

I also misted down below where the promised third flower is just starting to show.


I thought about it after I saw the third flower and I have decided that the leaves off to the side are a baby bulb being started.  What do you think?
I also read that it is possible to cut the bulb to start new plants.  One of the sites I went to had a video.  Don't worry, I am NOT going to do that.
Love,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment