Sunday, August 3, 2008

Jim in the Garden


He still has to have his earphones on though.
He has to listen to the Radio in case something happens you know.
I was out taking flower photos and he couldn't stand it, he had to come out too.
Besides Jim the garden had its second Monarch of the season, two hummingbirds, Baltimore (Northern) and Orchard Orioles, American Goldfinch, House Wrens, Downy Woodpeckers, Morning Doves, Chipping Sparrow and a female Rose-Breasted Grosebeak.
That I recall.
Yesterday a huge hawk came and sat on our split rail fence in the back yard. It was an immature and probably a Red-tailed just on the odds, but I don't really know for sure. I am not a hawk birder. Alton was fascinated.
Have you eaten the monster tomato yet? My mouth waters just thinking about it.
Love,
Nancy

1 comment:

  1. I saw both of those orioles when I was there in June. That makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete