When I took the picture of this cabinet I was trying to make it look as good as possible. So I opened the lid and let the nice interior wood show. The top of the lid was badly discolored and some of the stain was gone. It had no shine and some rather clumpy color. Today I worked with it and now the top looks like this.The inside looks way better too. I am waiting for some Howards Orange Feed and Wax to put a finish back on it so it will be protected. The local hardware doesn't carry it and the sewing machine site that told me how to do the restoring suggested it.
I am not about to change to something else since their other suggestion worked so well.
I used up what was left of my Murphy's Oil soap too so I will have to replace that at the Mayville Hardware Hank.
Now all I have to do is learn how to fix the machine!. I know I need some parts too. Maybe I will learn how to look more closely next time I see a six dollar machine. (Maybe not)