Saturday, May 31, 2008

What you've been reading lately....

I see you've read Barbara Kingsolver's new book, Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. What did you think of it? Due to school, I've kept my reading light. I'm on the sixth or seventh of Robert B. Parker's Spenser series (hilarious because Spenser is still a few decades back at this point) and I'm on the second Amelia Peabody. I'm feeling pretty good because I finished exercise 7 in my 545 class; only one more to go, and the final paper - about something I don't understand har! What's collitch if you don't learn to fake your papers?


For a little visual interest, I include a picture of the docks in Whitefish River at Baker Street Park. Even though it's really Baker Avenue, it's named Baker Street Park. The water was a little high that day. This is a good taking-off point for an easy kayak or canoe paddle up to Whitefish Lake and back.

Well, to bed and Peabody. Hope I can cram some more end-of-quarter studies in tomorrow, before and after work. Love you, Mary

2 comments:

  1. Ah yes, the Barbara Kingsolver book. LOVED IT! I am an apostle. I want to give it to everyone I know and say "Let's do this!" I am going to try easing into it slowly. I suppose it is like giving up one cigarette a day, easy to talk about but hard to do.
    Anyway I love the idea and the book.
    You are reading the second Amelia Peabody. I haven't read the first one for so many years that maybe I should get a copy and read it. I don't know what happened to my first copy.
    Good luck on your schooling.
    Love,
    Nancy
    Oh, Yeah, do you know how to make the numbers on a laptop work? I am talking about the ones that they have snuck in down with the letters. I can see the marking on the keys but can't figure them out.
    Shift lock maybe? Except some are up on the number keys and shift lock is what gives you the symbols.
    I am so curious. So far I am just using the numbers up above.
    N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a button on the lower left that says "Fn" (for function?) Press your num lk (number lock) key, then when you hold the function key down, those keys type numbers instead of letters. I don't know how to do it without holding the Fn key down all the time I'm typing numbers.

    ReplyDelete