Friday, March 28, 2008

Just for fun....

...here's a picture of the first "home" I ever owned, with co-owners: man, dog, and cat.

Circa 1979-80, I would say. You can barely see Frisbee the cat (so named because we used to throw him out of the bed) in my lap, and Kasta the German Shepherd, and Jim with a hat his Dad gave him that he liked even though I think someone had sat upon it once. Oh, and check out the knee high moccasins. I still have those, but that skirt, I loved, and it got stolen in Mexico. Well, it wouldn't fit me now anyway.
I remember giving the most successful dinner party I ever had there. I forget exactly what was eaten, but the high point was making whole wheat sopapillas in my wok that turned out perfectly! We were all impressed, because of course, there was no gas, electricity or running water.
I believe I could live again without the electricity, but lord, give me indoor plumbing!

4 comments:

  1. I remember visiting and your gigantic bed that took up most of the room in the TP. And your frisbee golf course. And you saved whiskers from Frisbee the cat. And now I save whiskers from Abbiethekitty.
    Love,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saved whiskers from Frisbee? I thought I learned how to save whiskers from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahah,
    Isn't that funny?
    I remember you saving Frisbee's!
    That was before I did it cause I remember being intriqued by the idea.
    Love,
    N.

    ReplyDelete