Friday, September 7, 2007

Here chick chick

So not much happening here. We got the wheat off and Jim says I can have some money. He didn't tell me how much or when but I am ready. I have been working on a quilt for my nephew Dylan, age 6. Dylan came to the quilt store and picked out fabric. I wish I had a picture but it is in the quilt store waiting to be quilted.

I did do a little chicken applique piece for a quilt someone is making for Faye of Faye's Henhouse Quilts and have a picture of it for you. We are supposed to make it reflect our quilting personality so I made mine with star fabrics and added rhinestones.

I also made it a non-chicken color because I liked it. Everyone else's look rather brownish except the lady who loves Halloween. Hers is orange with spider webs.

Next week Jim and I will go on my birding vacation. We are going to the Necedah National Wildlife Refuge near Necedah Wisconsin. It is their Crane Festival next weekend. I will kick off the raffle for my crane quilt there. Liz from Operation Migration says they want to raffle it online too and then at the fly-over when they finally get to Florida. That is where they will pick the winning ticket. (When we get the raffle tickets online I will let you know so you can buy some.) I would love it if the quilt stays in the family!

I am fairly sure we will go up to Duluth also, after the cranes and see if we can view a few raptors at Hawk Ridge. Really the same old vacation I have been taking for three years now, ever since I discovered about the kidney disease. I still might not have gone except for that.

So stay well, you college student you.

Love,

Nancy


2 comments:

  1. It's September 17th. Are the raffle tickets online yet? Huh? HUH?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!!

    http://www.operationmigration.org/quilt.html

    ReplyDelete