Tuesday, April 10, 2007

About time...

Hey, Nancy!
Yes, I have a lot of excuses for not blogging lately, but none of them are good enough to quit! I want to keep it up; hope you do, too.
Last time I wrote, I promised a Seattle Travelogue:
I'll just give the short version; you can see pics on my Webshots site.
I did go to two yarn shops: the Seattle Yarn Gallery, which would be the lys for Brian's neighborhood of West Seattle. It was fine; I bought some of my favorite short dpns for socks there: Brittany Birch.

And later on, we went to Bainbridge Island to Churchmouse Yarns and Teas, and I bought a shop pattern (a Koigu ruffle scarf) and a book of patterns with a vest I really want to make, and best of all found out that Sally Melville is going to be there! And she's going to be there right around the time I'm in Seattle area for Paul's wedding and I'm going to two classes! I am not too thrilled, no, not a bit! I asked the ol' bear to sign me up for one, because of the $$ (he had to do it because it was a first-come, first-serve starting at noon and I would be working at the Buff.) But he signed me up for two anyway! No wonder I love him. So anyway, I am looking forward to that in the middle of May.

All the graduate/scholarship stuff is done; now it's up to the universe! Yee haaaa! I've been knitting on a baby jacket for Christy's stepsister, Sarah (who does not read this blog) and a shawl, that, if I'm lucky, will be ready to wear to Paul's wedding. Yeh, right. I'd better think of a plan B. I'll post some more pictures later, but right now, I've got to go shower all the Buffalo butter off of me! For now - this is where and with whom I spend my Sundays: Mandy, Jack, and Charlie at the Buff.

No comments:

Post a Comment