Friday, January 5, 2007

Travelogue: Alki Beach, West Seattle, Washington, USA




In my perfect world, all cinnamon rolls are covered with lemon sour cream icing, all down the sides. And that's how the cinnamon rolls are here in Seattle this morning, complete with a view of Puget Sound.

Last post, I mentioned that we were going to Seattle. The ol’ bear is going to Pacific Marine Institute, so we came over to set him up. And that is how I come to be in West Seattle, Alki Beach neighborhood, looking out at the ol’ bear’s view of Puget Sound.

The apartment ain’t much but the view is spectacular. Of course, a standard digital camera can’t do it justice. And what a nice day. It’s just after 3 pm and three ferries sail by going hither and thither. I'll just add that at night, the Washington State Ferries have their decks lit up just like the icing on a big wedding cake. And with icing at the beginning, and at the end, I'll stop for now. More tomorrow....


No comments:

Post a Comment